Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New York

So while we were in New York biking the entire city, we of course drank an enormous amount of beer!

Of course if you are on the East Coast you have standard beers to choose from - Sam Adams, Ying Ling and.... I'm sorry where is all the beer? There was plenty of Coors Light, Bud, and Genius. But no PBR and not a lot of craft beers?! We found ourselves missing the dark and chocolaty beers of the Northwest!

Our first real good find was a Delta restaurant. I know we're in NY and we decided to drink NOLA beer. But we passed the window and I spotted our favorite southern beer - ABITA.

This TURBODOG was probably so good because it was the first beer there I couldn't see through! It was nice and sweet with a lot of nut flavors swirling around. Not a heavy beer, but a nice English Brown Ale. It was served nice and cold in the bottle.




Did I happen to mention we hit this place on a Sunday morning? The breakfast was just as incredible! Lots of salt and butter!

This is the fantastic chicken fried stake that Vixen had. It was tender and served with butter boiled broccoli. I had the bacon sliders!


This was our first meal outside of the apartment. From that moment on we had a mission - of finding the best beer and food that New York could offer!


To be continued......

1 comment:

  1. Man, if I had known I would have suggested Brooklyn Brewing. They make some nice beers

    ReplyDelete