Monday, November 2, 2009

Catching up to do

I know it has been a little while since we've actually blogged about beer and bikes. There has been a whirl wind of stuff going on at the 3D house, not to mention New York and Hell Racer.

So let's go backwards through the last few weeks.

HELL RACER KICKED OUR BUTTS!!! Holy Shit!

At 10:45 yesterday morning the four horse women of DBRB rolled into Veteran's Park for the race. The Warlocks had Java to go for all of those that needed a little help with the early hours - very thoughtful. Also the Alley Cat stimulus package - 5 dollar entry fee and a real spoke card - a playing card with a number hand written on it! After pounding a few beers to warm up and having a late start for stragglers - we were divided by our card color and handed a manifest!

Yes, upon opening there were only a few stops! Sweet, a nice hard sprint ride. The Gaslight Lounge, A house on Fort, a house on Shoshone, Hyde park pub, O'Micheal's, and finish at the LIFT.

The four of us took off for the house on the bench first. A nice hill climb to find E77 handing out jello shots! And a slip of paper??? Oh an added stop at the cemetery - ok I'll adjust my route. hit the Morris Hill and roll down Americana to the house on Fort. Ah, a nice shot. I needed it, I was thirsty! Oh and another slip of paper..... I began to see the pattern. Crap. Alright I'll readjust my route to go out to Mt. Cove.

At every stop there was a new piece of paper. Almost every new piece of paper included a hill climb!!!! FREAKIN' A!!! The original route I planned was out the window by the time I hit my third stop. After going to Hyde park, The water tower by Camel's back, O'Micheal's, and the Bomb Shelter - I was just trying to survive!

I rolled into the Lift so ready for that beer - Chris and D-Bagg gave me a slip of paper - WHAT!
I told them I was done and fuck them. They told me I was a pussy and to get on my bike - which I did.

The second time I rolled into the Lift I was beyond ready for that beer. I didn't even care where I placed, I was done!

After many beers and hot wings, Chris finally asked if I was going to talk to him yet. Of course - so I bought him a shot because I was being a pain in the ass.

Although Vixen and I did not place - with the chain ring upgrade I did - I kept up with her and at one point passed her! I'm telling you - next season when I get my geared bike - ya'll are in some trouble!

Congrats to all those that did place - it was a hard ride and you kicked butt! Thanks Warlocks for a wicked time!

Pics to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sister, I have to say, if I had been riding with you I am sure I would have called it quits upon first arrival to the Lift. How many miles do you think you rode? Vacation is over and i'll be back home soon to combat winter riding and catch up.

    ReplyDelete