Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eco brewfest and Twilight recap

twilight racers in the heat
Lemon Pepper waiting for her beer
The Finish line
Our Favorite Beer Crew!

The Combination of the Eco Brew Fest and the Twilight race was fantastic! There was plenty to drink and lots to watch. For ten dollars you received the official drinking cup and tickets. You can buy more tickets if you need them, but you don't really need more than the ten.

With cup in hand you wander through a labyrinth of beer tents. Each one is a NW brewer and has a standard and a specialty brew. Some have three or four varieties! For one ticket you get about a four ounce beer taster. Which works great! Then you can taste all the different types and vendors until you find your favorite and can buy a full glass!

There isn't a ton of food available so pack a snack if you are going today.

The Beer List:
THE RAM - Pa Gypsy told me 3 times the name of the beer I was drinking, but I forgot, but it is a light and zesty beer. It was brewed with lemons which gives it a light and crispy feeling. Careful this one goes down very fast!

The Hollow - I had the Ginger Wheat brew from Chris - wow that was the perfect beer for the heat! Light and refreshing but a nice ginger undertone.

New Belgium - Biere De Mars - this beer was served very cold. It was a nice light bubbly drink, but not a ton of flavor.

Big Sky - I had the honey brew, which was alright but it felt like I was drinking honey. The beer is very thick and heavy, but very flavorful and robust.

Rouge Brewery - Now blackhappy and I disagree on this one - The Morimoto - it's brewed with buckwheat and hops, this beer was to me like eating toast. Way too much on the grain taste for me.... But blackhappy thought it was great!

Table Rock - I don't remember the name, but it was the Porter. It was great! High in flavor and very smooth. A perfect coffee ice cream aftertaste.

Grand Teton- The Organic Al Natural - Super tart, not my favorite at all.

Sockeye - the Prairie - As Lemon Pepper said "this taste like scotch and I don't drink ashtrays" I preferred the term bacon beer! It's smokey and dark.

Mac & Jack - The Porter - This was voted the favorite of the group. It was "chocolate and alcohol in a bottle" Great flavor with a clean taste before and after. Served very cold which makes it very drinkable!!!!

There is more breweries and beers to taste and enjoy at the festival. The list above was as far as I got before I needed some nachos! Which is why i don't recommend getting the extra tickets. The first ten will last you through plenty of beers!

The Festival continues on the Grove from 10am - 6pm today. ENJOY! Drink Beer Ride Bikes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment