Monday, June 21, 2010

40 oz to Freedom

Well, I've been MIA from the blog for too long...I was starting to think that the Captain was going to make me walk the plank! Anyway, lots of updates, including some information about DBRB's next ride.

"40 oz to Freedom" had new meaning for me a few weeks ago when I had to go to SLC overnight. Unfortunately, when heading back the next morning, my dear, sweet Priscilla's engine started smoking. Yet, when life hands you a big bunch of expensive lemons, make some hard lemonade. To my delight, next door to the mechanic was the Wasatch & Squatters brewery!

I went on it to see what new treats I might be able to find - in addition to beer flavored lip balm, beer brauts, and other goodies, they have a larger selection of beer than I would have imagined. I sorted through the options to see what souvenirs I could bring back for a DBRB taste test latter.

For the Captain, I brought back "The Devastator." It's an Double Bock, 8% b.v., and delicious!

Vixen's choice was the easiest. The "1st Amendment Lager" has a great slogan on the bottle, "Give me liberty - or give me a cold one." Um, how about both? This one was even better than the Captain's.

For myself, I grabbed a little tail, "Chasing Tail" golden ale, that is. This was tasty, but not as good as the others.

Anyway, with a little more than 40 oz loaded into my good-as-last-week car, I headed towards home and freedom!

Now, onto DBRB's "40 oz to Freedom." As you may have heard, you need to mark your calendars for Sunday, August 15 for our next ride. Like our other rides, this will be a straight race - timing and routing will be the keys. Routing will be especially important this time. As you would assume, drinking will be involved. We're busy working on some awesome swag for all of you. It'll be great fun - don't miss it!

Until next time,

Big Red (formerly Yellow Pepper)

2 comments: