Friday, December 18, 2009

To change or not to change?


I'll admit it. I hate changing my own bike tire. Its not because I don't like to get dirty. Its not becuase I am wearing a dress. Its not becuase I don't know how. I just don't like it. Espeically when I can spend my valuable work hours blogging. Now, Captian Fran, I understand prefers to chainge her own while Velovixen and I both prefer taking it to one of our very-pleased-to-see-us local bike shops (or, in my case, persuade those who change tires to do so on site of my house, offering beer, enchiladas, whatever it will take).

But, a connundrum. I was feeling all tough riding through the last few weeks until the dreaded flat tire. Now, my sweet little Langster has lived in my office for three days while come fact to face with the quesiton: Is the real reason that I don't change my own tire actuall due to not liking to get my dress dirty and a lack of self confidence in my tire changing abilities? I have tubes (at home), but have not managed to bring them to work. Am I really not as (gasp) tough as I thought? Hmmmmm.

1 comment: